Fishing trip to the Viking waters
SSpend an unforgettable day on the Rakinkotka Isle of Vikings! Enjoy the beautiful scenery, fish in the clear sea water, and spoil yourself with Viking chieftain Ruhrig's feast in the evening.
- at 1pm arrival at Vimpa island (ca. 10min car drive from Hamina town centre)
- Viking Harald welcomes everyone to the island
- at 1.30pm begins the journey towards the waters where Viking themselves have fished in the past. Depending on the season and the weather, options are fishing with a reel, fishing nets or ice fishing. Possible catches include pike, whitefish, zander, brown trout, European perch, Baltic herring, and common roach
- at 5pm Viking school of fishing, or handling the haul in Kalaranta on the Isle of Rakinkotka
- 5.30pm Tasting of Njord's fish haul round the fire, coffee and tea
- at 6pm saunas are ready; Rakirök's gentler heat in kalliosavusauna or higher heat in wooden sauna on the shore.
- Excellent swimming place on clear Viking waters. Towels provided.
- Served during chieftain Ruhrig's dinner party:
- For starters Siegrid's smooth forest mushroom soup
- For the main course smoked pork, speared fish, Åskorv's country-style sausage, Knut The Great's mustard, salads from assorted wild vegetables, root vegetables stewed in honey and herbs, preserved red onions, rye bread
- For dessert pancakes and forest berry jam, tea and coffee
- Drink options include water, beer, white and red wines, schnapps
- A-license on the isle.
FFrom May to October
Duration: 9 hours
For 5-30 people (inquire for bigger groups)
Price: for 5-10 people 1950€ per gorup, for 11-30 people 175€ per person. Price includes trip from Vimpasaari to Rakinkotka and back, fishing and fishing equipment, survival suit rental, Viking feast, activities, insurances. Not included in the price are alcoholic drinks and VAT.
For additional price: Rakirök's kalliosavusauna for 490€. Viking helm for 20€. Trip to chieftain Holger's forest hut. Accommodation and sea breakfast on the Isle of Vikings for 139€ per person. Hot tub for 195€.
Recommended equipment: for the fishing trip, we recommend warm clothing that can withstand water and waterproof shoes. On the boat survival suits, boots and gloves are available.